A referral is an opportunity to do business with someone in the market to buy your product or service. They’re expecting you to contact them to have a conversation. It’s different from a normal lead. A referral is someone ready to chat with you. But how do you get to that point? Ivan Misner has identified the “VCP” process to go from visibility and credibility to profitability. Learn what it is in this episode of Sales Reinvented!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:24] What are referrals? How do they help?
- [2:00] Mistakes salespeople make when asking for referrals
- [3:42] How can salespeople leverage social media?
- [4:56] The VCP process: Visibility, credibility, and profitability
- [6:18] What metrics to track with your referral program
- [7:30] How to ask for referrals without being pushy
- [10:08] What role does technology play in referral selling
- [11:10] Top 3 referral selling dos and don’ts
- [13:25] Don’t assume your referrals are great
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Ivan Misner
Connect With Paul Watts
Subscribe to SALES REINVENTED
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK