How do referrals work in the context of selling? When should you ask for referrals during the sales process? According to Joanne Black, when you close a deal, ask for a referral. They’ve signed on the dotted line and they believe in you. And when you ask, get intel. Learn as much as you can about the people they’ll refer to you. What else should you do? Find out in this episode of Sales Reinvented!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:28] What are referrals? How do they work in sales?
- [2:27] Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- [3:29] Why people—not social media—generate referrals
- [5:47] Advice for someone exploring referral-based sales
- [6:55] How to measure the success of a referral program
- [8:06] The right way to ask for introductions
- [10:31] The role of technology in referral selling
- [11:20] Top 3 referral selling dos and don’ts
- [13:22] Leverage the relationships you have with clients
Connect with Joanne Black
Connect With Paul Watts
Subscribe to SALES REINVENTED
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK