According to Brynne Tillman, a win/loss analysis—or in her words, a post-mortem—is about figuring out why you got a deal or you didn’t. You want to learn why your clients chose you. It also helps you understand the playing field even when you win. Most salespeople move on when they lose a deal. But if you don’t know why you lost a deal, you may continue the same behavior. So you have to ask actional questions in your post-mortem to make positive changes to win more deals.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:01] What is a post-mortem and why is it important?
- [2:33] The insights you can gain from a post-mortem
- [3:55] Common mistakes salespeople make with post-mortems
- [6:21] How to make sure the feedback you gather is unbiased
- [7:46] Best practices for conducting post-mortem interviews
- [10:44] The role of technology in post-mortems
- [12:08] Brynne’s top three post-mortem dos and don’ts
- [14:08] Why you should never take a loss personally
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Brynne Tillman
Connect With Paul Watts
Subscribe to SALES REINVENTED
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK